Foundation for Jewish Camp Campership Incentive Program 2010-2012
Camp B'nai Brith of Ottawa and the Jewish Federation of Ottawa (JFO) have been selected as a new partner of the Foundation for Jewish Camp's (FJC), Campership Incentive Program (CIP)
The objective of the CIP is to significantly increase enrollment at Jewish camps across North America, and strengthen our children's Jewish identity by establishing a lifelong bond with their cultural and religious heritage.
The FJC will provide matching grants – dollar-for-dollar ($20,000) in the first year and receding thereafter in 2011 and 2012. Individual grants of $1,000 (# of grants are limited per year) will be awarded to children (ages 7-16) who meet the eligibility criteria established by the FJC.
The CIP is a non-needs based incentive program and will be awarded to applicants on a first come, first serve basis.
- To qualify for the FJC-JFO-CBB of Ottawa Campership Incentive Program:
- A child/camper has never attended an overnight Jewish camp for 3 consecutive weeks or longer
- FJC has developed a list of camps classified as Jewish camps
- A child/camper must attend summer camp for at least a 3 week session or longer
- A child/camper must not be enrolled in a Jewish Day School
For more information or to apply for the FJC Campership Incentive Program, please click on the following link: www.onehappycamper.org