Camp Philosophy & Key Info
Your child’s happiness and well-being are our primary considerations at CBB of Ottawa. With that in mind, we provide a safe, nurturing environment where each child can participate, learn and achieve at his/her own pace. We believe that through recreational group activities children learn to work and play cooperatively. Under the supervision and care of our highly qualified staff, our campers not only develop a broad range of personal, athletic, artistic and other skills, but also are encouraged to take on tasks which will enable them to become more responsible and self-confident.
At CBB of Ottawa our goal is to offer a summer “home away from home” where children can learn about and take pride in their Jewish culture, community and heritage including the unbreakable bond with the State of Israel. It is a place where children can grow both individually and as a group. It is a place where important socializing skills are developed and where lifelong friendships are formed. It is a place where connection to the Jewish community can become part of a child’s life forever. We are confident that a summer experience at Camp B’nai Brith of Ottawa will leave your child with a positive feeling of himself/herself, others and the surrounding environment.
- All staff are first-aid and CPR certified
- Preparatory and continuing education seminars for CIT’s and all staff
- A medical-health center with full time medical supervision
- The camp is nut and peanut sensitive
- A Kosher kitchen under the supervision of the Ottawa Vaad Hakashrut
- Accommodation for food allergies and special dietary requirements
- Our menu always offers healthy food choices to promote healthy eating during the summer
- We focus heavily on promoting a physically active lifestyle at camp by programming a free-time active hour (camper’s choice) as well as offering a variety of programs that involve movement
- We always promote trying new activities at camp (e.g., tennis, dance, waterskiing) that will be fun and get people moving.
- Do not emphasize winning or being the best. Always focus on making physical activities FUN.
- A smoke-free environment with zero tolerance for cigarettes, drugs or alcohol
- Weekender program (ages 6-9) to give you and your child a taste of the CBB of Ottawa experience
- 2 week Starter Camp for first time campers
- An opportunity for your child to share experiences with Israeli peers/staff
- Red Cross swim instruction
- Welcoming committee made up of staff and campers
- Parent’s Visiting Day
- CBB of Ottawa is the perfect size (not too big and not too small), resulting in your child knowing everyone by the end of the summer!
- Serving predominantly the Ottawa/Montreal/Toronto corridor with new and returning campers from all over Canada, the United States, Israel and other parts of the word
- Updated photo gallery throughout the summer (via CampMinder)