Our Mission and Vision
Founded in 1935, Camp B’nai Brith of Ottawa provides children ages 7-16 an incomparable Jewish camping experience. Campers, independent of their family’s financial ability or level of Jewish observance, experience the outdoors, learn new skills and develop life-long friendships while enhancing Jewish affiliation, values, traditions, and community, in a safe and nurturing environment.
Camp B’nai Brith of Ottawa is committed to be the Jewish residential camp of choice for Ontario and Quebec children.
- CBB of Ottawa is dedicated to offering programming that provides a wide range of classic and innovative summer camp experiences. Using state of the art equipment, our programming blends opportunities for personal choices and individual achievement and growth with memorable group experiences.
- CBB of Ottawa’s programming creates and enhances a sense of connection to Israel and the Jewish community among Jewish youth and develops their capacity for Jewish leadership.
- CBB of Ottawa offers programming on a year-round basis to engage campers, alumni and to reach out to the Jewish community at large through social and cultural activities to enhance the friendships and Ruach instilled in our campers and staff. CBB of Ottawa immerses our/its campers in a Jewish communal experience they may not be able to experience elsewhere in their lives.
- CBB of Ottawa’s campsite and facilities are maintained and improved in a safe and environmentally sustainable manner while respecting our rustic traditions. We will improve the ability to provide year-round Jewish community access and rentals.
- CBB of Ottawa is dedicated to raising awareness of and expanding financial assistance opportunities for campers so as to provide Jewish camping to those in need.
- CBB of Ottawa recognizes the pivotal role played by the organization and its staff and senior leadership in making a positive and memorable contribution to the lives of campers. We maintain a high-calibre program that includes skills and leadership training.