Covid-19: Resources for Families
Wondering what to do with your kids during the pandemic?
One of our main goals at camp is to support our families and we have spent the last few months looking into resources and figuring out ways we could assist our families during these unprecedented and trying times.
Here are some great ideas and tips to help you and your family keep busy.
For the Kids
Games online (words with friends) or with actual people if allowed
- Facetime friends
Help around the house (many are looking to be helpful)
- Build an obstacle course in your house
- Easy magic kids can do themselves
- Cup games
Write letters to their friends via snail mail!
- Canada’s Wonderland is doing virtual roller coaster rides!
- 26 things for anyone looking to start a new hobby
- Youtube channels for elementary students
- Covid-19 Time Capsule
- Virtual Playing Cards
- Virtual Mahjong
HEALTH & WELLNESS
- Lots of outside time. Nature walk.
- Clean out their room or clean up their rooms – donate!
- Cooking for kids
- Exercise on youtube
- Fitness fun game
For the Parents
- Find the best kindle or book to read
- Catch up on Netflix, Hulu or other pre-recorded shows
- Find a New Hobby
- Yahtzee, Scrabble and Words With Friends (play on Facebook or download the phone application)